Re: Scroll lock

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Scroll lock
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 01:36:03 -0400

    > I now remember that that's what the variable was originally supposed
    > to do.  Someone reported it had been changed, so I changed it back.

    That sounds like you want it to stay like it is.  I still think it
    might be good to give people a way to have the vertical position of
    point fixed for any kind of scroll commands, e.g. when scrolling with
    the mouse wheel.

I wouldn't object to having such a feature as an option,
but scroll-preserve-screen-position is defined to do a different thing,
and I don't want the new feature to replace the old feature.