Re: fringe buffer-boundary bitmaps

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: fringe buffer-boundary bitmaps
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 01:35:36 -0400

    I did some more testing, and it became pretty clear that which style
    ("light" or "heavy") looks better depends strongly on the font
    (smaller fonts go better with "light", but the thin bitmaps can start
    looking a bit lost with large fonts), background color (on a dark
    background, the white bitmaps stand out much more, which makes the
    "heavy" bitmaps look even heavier), and probably display type (I use
    an LCD display which is very good at showing single-pixel lines
    precisely).

Maybe they should be selected based on the font of the default face.