Re: vc-cvs-global-switches and -f

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: vc-cvs-global-switches and -f
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:48:42 -0400

> I'm not going to fight over vc-cvs settings (no, really :-) but if we were
> creating VC from scratch, I would push for a `vc-cvs-use-cvsrc-settings',
> defaulting to nil. The equivalent functionality as of today is
> vc-cvs-global-settings '("-f").

I'm curious why you think so.  What kind of settings do you put in ~/.cvsrc?
The nature of the ~/.cvsrc file is to contain settings which should
basically always apply.

I can't believe you'd spend so much time on this thread only for the -c/-u
thingy with `cvs diff'.  BTW, I consider it a bug in CVS that it complains
when ~/.cvsrc says -u but the command line says -c (or vice-versa): the
command line arg should take precedence.

        Stefan