Re: occur-hook changing the current buffer

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: occur-hook changing the current buffer
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 05:56:04 +0200

> No, it means I agree that your code is buggy and should thus be fixed.

Why was my function buggy? Where is it documented that occur-hook
functions should not change the current buffer? Is that a generic
requirement for hook functions?

In this particular case, if `occur-1' didn't set the read-only and
not-modified flags after running the hook, the requirement wouldn't be
needed at all (and why enforce more than needed?).

> Once your code is fixed this is not needed any more.  If the occur-hook is
> expected to set-buffer in most/many cases, it might make sense, but
> otherwise it doesn't.

Well, I think it makes sense even if occur-hook is not expected to
change the current buffer in most/many cases. Just one is enough, if
it makes the user lose work.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u