Re: comment-line-break-function is not buffer-local

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: comment-line-break-function is not buffer-local
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:56:07 +0200

> The doc is necessarily wrong, because nowadays the "automatically becomes
> local when set" message is automatically added to the docstring when
> applicable, so it should not be in the docstring, whether we add
> a make-variable-buffer-local or not.

Yes, I know that. My question is, should I respect the behavior
described in the variable's current doc, or the one implemented?
AFAICS, the few modules that use it (ada-mode.el, cc-mode.el,
sgml-mode.el) are doing

   (set (make-local-variable 'comment-line-break-function) whatever)

or equivalent. Does anyone know how does it behave on recent XEmacs?

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u