Re: [Macemacsjp-dev 100] [Mac OS X] [Win32] Frame-transparency patch

From: Michael Mauger
Subject: Re: [Macemacsjp-dev 100] [Mac OS X] [Win32] Frame-transparency patch
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:56:12 +0000 (UTC)

Seiji Zenitani <zenitani <at> tkg.att.ne.jp> writes:

> ===========
>
> 1. Target operating systems
>
> * Mac OSX  :   'Carbon Emacs'
> * Windows XP, 2000, ME :   'NTEmacs'
>
> 2. How to build
>
> * Mac OSX
> Frame-transparency is automatically enabled when compiled on Mac OSX
> 10.2 or later.
>
> * MS Windows
> If you use Windows XP, 2000 or ME, add manually the below switch when
> configuring.
> CFLAGS=-DUSE_TRANSPARENCY

Interesting patch.  SetLayeredWindowAttributes is not available on all W32
releases, so you ought to dynamically locate it and call it only when
available.  (See http://www.codeproject.com/win32/quaker1.asp for an example.)
I build on a machine without it, but run the executables on a machine that
does.  This will be a common situation with the released executables.