Re: What holds the release (was: mouse-1-click-follows-link)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: What holds the release (was: mouse-1-click-follows-link)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:05:44 +0900

On 6/15/05, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think this strengthens my point: do FOR-RELEASE items have to hold
> the release, even if we don't know who/when will be able to tackle
> them?

The thing is, the trickiest-sounding items in FOR-RELEASE -- those
under the "* FATAL  ERRORS" section -- also sound like some of the
most important.  Releasing an Emacs that crashes in recent kernels
isn't so nice...

[Many of the other items seem not so important to me; I suppose if
nobody can be found to fix them, many of those could just be dropped
without noticeably decreasing the quality of the release.]

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.