Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/nt/INSTALL

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/nt/INSTALL
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 00:52:06 +0200

On 6/12/05, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Anyway, I'm still confused.  Assuming that I checkout a file with -kb,
> and that file is not recorded as binary in the repository, would
> commands such as "cvs diff", "cvs annotate", etc. work exactly as when
> no -kb was ever used on that file?

cvs diff, annotate, etc. do work as if the files weren't checked out with -kb.

> And what will "cvs ci" do for a file whose entry in CVS/Entries says
> it has the -kb option set?  How will this be different from a file
> without the -kb option?

I think the -kb entry in CVS/Entries does not affect "cvs ci" unless
the file is marked as "-kb" on the repository. None of the commits of
nt/nmake.defs, nt/makefile.w32-in, etc. that I've done seem to have
had any adverse effect.

> Finally, if "co -kb" indeed has only a local effect, and none of the
> other commands, like ci, diff, up -j, etc. are affected, it sounds
> like Windows users should be told to checkout the whole tree with -kb,
> right?

Not sure if they should be told to, but at least there is no problem
if they do: I just checked out a -kb tree and built it with MSVC with
no problem whatsoever.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u