Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: mouse-1-click-follows-link
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:16:07 -0400

    If I am the only one who had problems then lets leave it as it is, but if
    there are many others who have also set mouse-1-click-follows-link to nil,
    perhaps we could make this the default.

The point of this feature was to cater to users who are accustomed
to other applications and expect mouse-1 to follow links.  It can
only achieve this goal by being enabled by default.  Your suggestion
would defeat the purpose.

The default should be determiuned by whatever beginners like best.