Re: Blinking images on W32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Blinking images on W32
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:05:27 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
- the jpeg image was flashing once per second.
More likely because the cursor was on it.  However, then just a border
should blink, at least that's what happens under X11.
Sorry, now I see what you mean. Yes, the cursor was on it (it was the only thing in the buffer). Turning off Blinking Cursor stopped image flashing.

The whole image was blinking, not just the border. I think that this is unfortunately quite awful with at least large images.

Why does it work this way?

Testing a bit more I saw that copying the image gave the surprising message "Saved 5469 lines" and pasting it the also surprising message "Inserted 1583074 character(s), 5469 line(s)". I believe Emacs knows better.