ido-read-directory-name and ido-magic-forward-char

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: ido-read-directory-name and ido-magic-forward-char
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:10:04 +0200

Why does ido-magic-forward-char (C-f) does not fall back to "normal"
read on directory reads via ido-read-directory-name?

(call-interactively #'(lambda (file) (interactive "Ffile: ") file))

falls back to read-file-name, but

(call-interactively #'(lambda (dir) (interactive "DDir: ") dir))

does not. !?

ido is a wonderful and very well-thought package, so I'm assuming this
is not a problem but a design choice, but still I find it puzzling.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u