Re: TTY Vertical divider face?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: TTY Vertical divider face?
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:03:29 +0300

> It's easy just using the same method Len used in lisp.  Any objection
> to the following patch?
>
> Should it use a different face

I think yes.  I'd personally set its both background and foreground
colors to "white" to display the vertical border as a solid
1-character-wide white line.

> (note that the actual face that ends up being used by this code is
> `mode-line-inactive', even though the code says MODE_LINE_FACE_ID;
> I'm not sure why this is)?

I tried your patch, but instead of either `mode-line' or
`mode-line-inactive' it displays the vertical border in the
`fringe' face.  But maybe this is good.  We can reuse `fringe'
face for the vertical border because fringes are not available
on text-only terminals.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/