Re: address@hidden: enlarge-window with preserve-before non-nil]

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: address@hidden: enlarge-window with preserve-before non-nil]
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:43:19 +0200

Richard Stallman wrote:

The incorrect structure is in i3, so I think it should eliminate i3.
The criterion for doing so is that i3 is a vchild of its parent
and also has a vchild.  That should never occur.

After the code operates on i3, putting it in place of i2, it check if
i3 is a vchild and has a vchild.  If so, it should to eliminate i3,
putting w4 into its place in the structure, and make w3 be the next of
w5.

Want to implement that?

(The same thing should be done with hchild.)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

Whoever can do that, please sprinkle some corresponding asserts in the code.

I finally checked in a fix for this, but I didn't feel I could add any asserts that I was sure about, sorry.

   Jan D.