Re: org-mode and mode hooks.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: org-mode and mode hooks.
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 14:13:23 -0500 (CDT)

Both Stefan and me might have partially misunderstood your problem.

`sql-interactive-mode' calls comint-mode without enclosing it in a
delay-mode-hooks form, as it should.  To standardize your mode, you
should either define it using `define-derived-mode' (see `(elisp)Derived
Modes') or read `(elisp)Mode Hooks'.

The reason why you need `font-lock-defontify' is because I believe (I
did not check this in detail) that all comint uses font-lock for is
font-lock-face, which is exactly what `font-lock-defontify' undoes.
My patches do not try to mend this because most comint derived modes
probably _want_ to keep comint's font-lock-face defaults.

After standardizing your mode, you _maybe_ might still have to run
font-lock-defontify to remove comint's font-lock-face properties.
(I did not study your code in detail, nor am I completely sure about
what your exact problem is.)

Sincerely,

Luc.