Re: Bootstrap fails on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Bootstrap fails on w32
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:55:31 +0200

Jason Rumney wrote:

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

Stupid question: why are the files stored into the repository with DOS
line endings?

Those files require DOS line ends.
The release is checked out on a GNU machine.
I have a (maybe sufficiently humble) suggestion:

As far as I understand it is the .bat files that are special. The makefiles are not. Why then not handle the .bat file separately? Can't they be stored as binary files in the repository?

I do not know CVS but I guess my humble suggestion creates some problems when comparing files in CVS and on the pc. Is it easy to workaround? Is it then acceptable?