Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 09:52:54 -0700

  >     I don't mean to sound hostile, but I don't see what is wrong with a
  >     simple user customization. I don't understand why you would make large
  >     changes to Emacs when you could simply change the offending face on your
  >     machine.
  >
  > I don't think I am the only user who uses a console and finds
  > comments in red hard to read.  Nor the only one who would like comment
  > delimiters in red.  And this is a small change.

If the red colored comments are hard to read on a console, can't we
just change the face foreground for font-lock-comment-face for that
situation (i.e. min-colors == 8 and background-mode == 'dark)?
It seems to me that would be a lot easier than adding
font-lock-comment-delimiter-face route?

We could either swap the color used by font-lock-comment-face with one
of the other font-lock faces, or use the same color for both
font-lock-comment-face and another face. it's not like there's a lot
of choice for colors (only 8), or very likely to confuse comments with
anything else.

So just do M-x list-colors-display RET pick a color for comments and
I'll do the needed change.

PS: Offtopic wish: I would be nice if the Linux console allowed for
more than 8 colors to be used (like 256 colors). Maybe this is not
even hard to do, now that a lot of machines use a frame buffer
console. Any linux guys listening? (No, I have no idea if this is
possible or desirable)