Re: the new makefile faces

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: the new makefile faces
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:17:14 +0200

Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 08:00:29PM +0200, Romain Francoise wrote:
>> Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Am I the only one that finds the new makefile-shell-face annoying?
>>
>> I am too...
>
> Me too... :)

I'm not sure what I think about the feature as such, but the timing of
the change is really bad -- especially since the feature obviously
isn't fully developed and tested, and getting everything right seems
to be tedious.

So I would strongly suggest that the make-mode changes are reverted
for now, so we can focus on the release.  Please!

I'm not sure if there are part of the make-file changes that actually
fixed any bugs -- if so, those parts of the change could be installed
(if they can be separated).