Re: Problem with library images on Windows (again)

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Problem with library images on Windows (again)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 23:16:03 +0100

> So, I can apply the attached patch and at least stop Emacs from
> crashing on Windows, but I certainly would appreciate a more
> insightful analysis from the "people in the know" wrt image support
> and/or Windows.

Better to disable image support for MSVC builds than to try to hack
things to work by introducing redundant variables to save the values
of other variables in. Such hacks might be worth it to support free
software where we can see whether the hack really does fix the
problem, but not for proprietary blackboxes.