the new makefile faces

From: Joshua Varner
Subject: the new makefile faces
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 14:15:45 -0500

On 5/18/05, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Am I the only one that finds the new makefile-shell-face annoying?

I second this - i immediately customized them back to the old ones.

> Only if accompanied by new patterns that render the mode completely
> unusable for more than 3-line Makefiles.

I tried to reproduce the bug that was the problem, but couldn't on my
2 week old checkout, but by the time i updated and bootsrapped these
changes were already in.

I don't think it was a problem with the regex since it started "
*\\([^\n\t] ..." so the offending line should have never matched in
the first place since it started with a tab. Could the magic
whitespace in regexps caused the problem by allowing the initial " "
to match a tab?

Josh