Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: font-lock-comment-delimiter-face
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 11:58:48 -0400

    I'm probably missing the point, but the eye is not very sensitive to red (or
    blue) wavelengths. ISTR the maximum sensitivity of the eye (photopic
response)
    is at about 550nm i.e green. So your battery might last longer if you use a
    color for comments that is close to this (assuming the emitters for red,
    green and blue are equally efficient).

The computer has a single brightness control.  I turn it down to the level
needed for me to see ordinary white text.  Therefore, I don't want any text
to be in red.

I would suppose this applies to everyone using a laptop.

    BTW green (forest green in Emacs) is my preferred color for comments.
    Strongly recommended :)

The problem is, green is used for comments.  There are not many colors
available on a tty.