Re: address@hidden: Re: junk in *grep* buffers]

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: junk in *grep* buffers]
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 14:33:54 +0200

Lute Kamstra writes:

> I get a *grep* buffer with occurrences of "(define-minor-mode" in lisp
> files.  Every time that I tried, most lines in this buffer give the
> text "(define-minor-mode" the grep-match-face, but a few lines don't
> fontify "(define-minor-mode".  The strange thing is that the lines
> that don't fontify "(define-minor-mode" are different every time I
> invoke grep.

Very wild guess.  Please do C-h v tramp-chunksize RET and run the Lisp
code shown in the documentation for tramp-chunksize and report your
findings.

The Lisp snippet contains a number, 1000.  If you do not observe a
problem (i.e., you that bytes sent always equals bytes received), then
please also try larger values, 10000 or 100000 or 1000000.

Kai