Re: Adding missing copyright years

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Adding missing copyright years
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 10:35:08 +0900

On 5/8/05, Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> wrote:
> >       (add-hook 'before-save-hook 'copyright-update)
>
> This is not a problem since you are asked whether you want to update the
> copyright.

Indeed; I use it, and I don't think it's dangerous in the way Richard
suggested (it always leaves the final decision to the user).

However, I can see why some people would not like to use it in its
current form -- it's generally quite stupid, and often mistakenly
thinks the copyright may need updating when the current copyright line
is actually up-to-date.  So it tends to ask you whether you want to
update the copyright far more often than it should (for example, it
doesn't understand wrapped copyright lines, and gets confused if there
are multiple copyrights).

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.