Re: Incompatible change without "warning"

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Incompatible change without "warning"
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 10:55:56 +1200

 > >  >     Quite a lot with no timestamp.
 > >  >
 > >  > They might be obsolete since long long ago.  What are they?
 > >
 > > desktop.el: desktop-enable
 > >             desktop-buffer-modes-to-save
 > >             desktop-buffer-misc-functions
 > >             desktop-buffer-handlers
 > >             desktop-load-default
 >
 > They are still the standard and only interface in Emacs 21.4.

Some of these don't seem to be obsoleted correctly, in any case e.g the only
reference I can find to desktop-buffer-misc-functions is

(make-obsolete-variable 'desktop-buffer-misc-functions
                        'desktop-save-buffer)

i.e desktop-buffer-misc-functions is no longer a variable in Emacs 22.0.50

Shall I replace these with, e.g.:

(define-obsolete-variable-alias 'desktop-buffer-misc-functions
                                'desktop-save-buffer "22.0")

Nick