Re: /lib/cpp not found in c-mode

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: /lib/cpp not found in c-mode
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 21:58:04 +0200

Jan D. writes:
I just got the following backtrace.  Any idea what's up?
I indeed don't have /lib/cpp (this is on MacOSX) but it shouldn't
prevent me
from opening a C file,

In this case, how does your system find c-macro-preprocessor?. Do you
have
/usr/ccs/lib/cpp? If so, oes it support the -dM switch option (or
equivalent)?

On my OSX (10.3.8) it is in /usr/bin/cpp.

In that case, c-macro-preprocessor is set to "/lib/cpp -C" and c-macro-expand
doesn't work on OSX?

If c-macro-preprocessor is a recent variable I can't check because Emacs does not currently compile on Mac OSX 10.3. My (a bit old) CVS compile does not seem to have it.

But c-macro-expand does not work:

/* Preprocessor terminated with status 127

   Messages from `/lib/cpp -C ':

/bin/bash: line 1: /lib/cpp: No such file or directory

*/

Preprocessor produced no output

        Jan D.