quail input method for wubizixing (chinese-wubi.el?)

From: ytrewq1
Subject: quail input method for wubizixing (chinese-wubi.el?)
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 08:06:15 +0000 (UTC)

I've been looking for a way to input Simplified Chinese into Emacs using
the Wubizixing method but I haven't located anything appropriate in my
local Emacs (I'm using a relatively recent CVS version).

I found an implementation at:

http://daiyuwen.freeshell.org/gb/wubi/wubi.html (GPL?)

but it appears to do more than I need and since the code feels a bit
messy to me, I stripped it down to its bare essentials (FWIW, my modified
version seems to work for what I need at the moment).  I'm not sure where
the table data came from [1] so I'm uncertain as to the redistributability
of the original and/or modified code.

On a related note, I've located some seemingly usable table data in the
cxterm and the xsim projects:

http://cvs.sf.net/viewcvs.py/cxterm/cxterm/dict/gb/WuBi.tit?rev=1.3&view=log
http://cvs.sf.net/viewcvs.py/xsim/xsim/plugins/IMs/wubi/dict/words/

I'm considering whether to write some code to translate one of the tables
(or perhaps do both and merge them) for use in an appropriate quail input
method.  However, before I decide whether to proceed, I'd like to know if
there's a wubi input method scheduled to be included in Emacs (or if
there's one there already that I've missed).  Does anyone here know?

Cheers

[1] I think there's mention about the table data originating from the
cxterm project at:

http://daiyuwen.freeshell.org/gb/wubi/wubi.html

but I'm not confident of my interpretation of the supposedly relevant
text (within the first few paragraphs).