Re: Overlay arrow in *compilation* and *grep* buffers

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Overlay arrow in *compilation* and *grep* buffers
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:54:39 +1200

 > > Why not do what was suggested?
 > >
 > >     (unless (display-graphic-p)
 > >      (put 'next-error-overlay-arrow-position 'overlay-arrow-string ""))
 >
 > Wouldn't this affect Edebug on text terminals?

No, I don't think so. The thread that was hardly a discussion was about
conflicts and covered this. The changes that ensued meant that Edebug and Gnus
still use the global variable overlay-arrow-position while compile.el and
gud.el have their own overlay arrow, following Kim's earlier work to allow
multiple overlay arrows.

Nick