Re: Emacs CVS on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Emacs CVS on Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:49:59 +0900

> Attached is a patch to allow the current version of Emacs in CVS to
> compile on Tiger. It was suggested [1] to comment out sys_select()
> and select_and_poll_event() in sys/mac.c. This is a bad idea, on my
> system it results in an Emacs that eats up 100% of the CPU. Instead,
> my patch reorders the includes in sys/mac.c so that things work out
> fine.

Actually, I made a similar patch the other day and it has been tested
by a Tiger user.  I myself don't have Tiger now, and I'm not sure
about its NDA, so I don't make it public now just in case.  But it
will be checked in as soon as Tiger is out tomorrow.  That'll be at
18:00 Japan Standard Time, 9:00 GMT.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden