Re: What about a seperate "HOME" environment variable under w32?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: What about a seperate "HOME" environment variable under w32?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:15:26 +0300

> Cc: Sun Yijiang <address@hidden>, address@hidden
> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:04:34 +0200
>
> kpathsea, the library for most TeX systems, has a scheme where you can
> override most environment variables on a per-application base.

I know all about Kpathsea, but I don't think there's any reason to go
to such complexities in Emacs.  Kpathsea does that because it is a
library that is supposed to be linked into many applications, each one
with its own peculiar configuration files and auxiliary file directory
trees, with complex requirements like ability to be installed both in
and outside the TDS tree.  Emacs doesn't come anywhere near such
issues.