Re: Incompatible change without "warning"

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: Incompatible change without "warning"
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:46:25 +0200

Hi Nick,

I see that you've installed define-obsolete-variable-alias.  Thanks.

In etc/NEWS you've also added an entry for make-obsolete-variable:

  +++
  *** New function make-obsolete-variable to warn that a variable may be removed
  at some stage in the future.

Even though is wasn't documented in the Lisp Manual,
make-obsolete-variable has been part of Emacs since version 19.7.

Lute.

PS. I noticed that make-obsolete isn't documented either.  Maybe you
    can fix that as well?