Cursor Moving on Image Broken?

From: MJ Chan
Subject: Cursor Moving on Image Broken?
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:22:18 -0400

First of all, I apologize if this is not the right mailing list to post
a possible problem with latest CVS Emacs. (I am not on the list).

I have been running CVS Emacs (dated last December) and everything was
fine with display of image files. I wrote some code that use
'insert-sliced-image' (with multiple rows and columns) to allow me to
easily view a tall/wide image by moving cursor with ^P and ^N. This
works great.

However, today I checked out latest Emacs from CVS and I found that I
have a problem with ^P (previous line) when the cursor is on the
image. I can do ^N (next-line) without a problem, but ^P will not move
to the previous line. That is, I can only go down and cannot go up.

Another problem is that when I scroll a wide image to the right (with
my multi-column image display), I no longer can scroll back  to
beginning of the line (an image strip actually) with ^P.

I looked through the mailing archive, and saw a similar post that
talks about partial image scrolling in January, but I am not sure if
it is related. I also learned that the new move-line lisp function is
also trying to help solve the scrolling of tall image. Would that have
something to do with the problem I reported? Or this is already a
known problem?

Thanks.

MJ