Re: Stealth fontification GCs a lot

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Stealth fontification GCs a lot
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:55:01 +0300

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:25:00 -0400
>
> I will try your settings.

You initially complained about too much consing; I don't claim that
these settings alleviate that (I simply never checked this aspect).
All I'm saying is that with those settings my CPU meter never goes
above a few percents when the system is idle except for Emacs stealth
fontification.

> Maybe they should be the defaults.

Since Stefan says the default settings annoy him, I'd like Stefan to
try mine, compare to what he sees with the defaults, and report CPU
usage for both cases.  If he says the effect is good, that could
indeed be a reason for changing the defaults.