Re: XIM vs. UTF-8

From: Shixin Zeng
Subject: Re: XIM vs. UTF-8
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:10:36 +0800

Kenichi Handa wrote:

Sorry for the late response on this matter, but I can't
reproduce it, i.e. I can use input methods via SCIM in both
locales zh_CN.UTF8 and zh_CN.GBK in both emacs22 and emacs23
(both CVS latest).

What I tried is this:

% scim -d
% LANG=zh_CN.GBK address@hidden emacs
% LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8 address@hidden emacs

BTW, as I don't have fcitx, I didn't test it.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden

Thanks for the reply.
Are you running XFree86 or Xorg?
I've heard of that several guys encountered this problem after upgrade from ubuntu warty to ubuntu hoary. The big change between them is XFree86 4.3 to Xorg 6.8.2. So whether this problem is related to Xorg?