Re: [patch] enhanced mac drag-n-drop

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: [patch] enhanced mac drag-n-drop
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:03:43 +0900

>> Is it safe to (possibly indirectly) call Feval, which may cause GC,
>> while executing XTread_socket?

> It is not safe if the Mac OSX port runs XTread_socket in a signal
> handler.  That is one more argument for just creating simple events
> in C and pass them on to Lisp.

Thanks.  I've just encountered a situation that I'd like to use
code conversion, which may call Feval, inside XTread_socket.
That is related to a callback function for the clipboard, and it
should complete code conversion before it returns.  Thus passing
events to Lisp does not work here.

Is GC the only reason to avoid Feval inside XTread_socket?  If
so, is it possible to use code conversion together with
inhibit_garbage_collection?

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden