Re: Possible change to startup.el

From: Marcelo Toledo
Subject: Re: Possible change to startup.el
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:43:56 -0300

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> I might try to do this only if respective maintainers don't take care
> of this.

It's always interesting to have a maintainer for a language that we
can't read. Trying to work on something that we do not understend should
be the last case. I am trying to contact or find new maintainers for
those unchecked files, if you would like to help with this, would be
great. Also if you can write/read those unchecked you could also modify
it.

>> "The first line of every tutorial must begin with a sentence saying
>> "Emacs Tutorial" in the respective language.  This should be
>> followed by "See end for copying conditions", likewise in the
>> respective language."
>
> Your rules don't mention a period.  Does this mean that a period is
> not required now.  If so, I agree.  There are languages even with no
> periods at all.  It's better to put just the title on the first line
> without a period.

That's rms rules, not mine, he wrote it, it is clear to me because I
fallowed the discussion, but I agree with you that we could add a
"fallowed by a dot (.)" in the first sentence.
--
Marcelo Toledo
address@hidden