Re: Possible change to startup.el

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Possible change to startup.el
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 21:32:23 +0300

>> If the reference to copyright conditions was deleted, could you put it
>> back?
>
> He won't be able to do this unless he speak all of the languages already
> translated.

I might try to do this only if respective maintainers don't take care of this.

> If one would like to help, just remember that the rule is:
>
> "The first line of every tutorial must begin with a sentence saying
> "Emacs Tutorial" in the respective language.  This should be
> followed by "See end for copying conditions", likewise in the
> respective language."

Your rules don't mention a period.  Does this mean that a period is
not required now.  If so, I agree.  There are languages even with no
periods at all.  It's better to put just the title on the first line
without a period.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/