Re: face colors on 256 colors terminals

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: face colors on 256 colors terminals
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 16:43:12 -0400

>>>>> "David" == David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

David> Actually, it does not make sense to scale in that way.  #3a7
David> really should be the same as #3333aaaa7777, so that #fff is the
David> same as #ffffffffffff, pure white.

David> Somebody should tell the X people to do that.

I beleive I recall this coming up on the xfree lists some years back,
and further beleive that the current codebase of both xfree and xorg
do in fact scale the way David recomends.

It is likely that only the docs are out of date.

It is certainly the case that the colours named by xmag(1x) when you
click on a pixel in its window show the replicated pattern, and I tend
to use the #rrggbb convention for specifying colours....

-JimC
--
James H. Cloos, Jr. <address@hidden>