Re: Layout of Emacs manual top mode in Info

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Layout of Emacs manual top mode in Info
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:24:53 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>    In the current version of the Emacs manual, "Detailed Node
>    Listing" has the same font size as the other headings in the
>    menus (at least on my system).
>
> That is because of a second change Richard checked in yesterday.

I wanted to unleash another round of moping around because "the same
font size as the other headings" would not appear to be a good idea,
given that it actually is a superior level when compared to the
headings in the table of contents.  However, after regenerating Emacs
with the newest sources, it appears that the size seems to match
"subsection" level quite well (thus being larger than the menu
headings), and the menu is not garbled, either.

At least on my system, there is not much except "perfect" to say about
it.  I have not checked HTML and other documentation formats, though.
If Ralf finds that the font size indeed is not larger than that of
other menu headings, perhaps there is some font-related problem?