Re: Interfacing ActiveX/COM-objects "natively" in Emacs

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Interfacing ActiveX/COM-objects "natively" in Emacs
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:06:56 +0200

> > The COM interface itself is part of the OS.  Much like DND.
>
> Yes, like the DLL interface for which a way of accessing it from
> within Emacs in a general way was ruled out.
>
> I quite fail to see how your assessment of the situation differs from
> mine, but it is not really important.  Either way, Mathias should have
> all the information he needs for now.

It is true that I now understand, and accept (and maybe also agree to
:), the "development team's" view on the subject. However, tt would
help very much to get some pointers on how to go about doing this on
my own. David, you said that it would be quite trivial to do, so do
you have any suggestions or can you point me in the right direction? I
accept if this will never be part of Emacs, but the need still exists
for me and I am interested in doing something about it, although my
knowledge of C is, you could say, limited...

/Mathias