Re: announcing thaiword.el?

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: announcing thaiword.el?
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:47:09 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

> The "right" way to handle Thai words would not depend on
> the language environment.  It would be based on the characters
> themselves, and it would be inside forward-word.

To handle the regular expression "\\b" and "\\B" correctly
for Thai, we need a bigger change in regex.c.  For the
moment, I have no idea how to do that.

> We wouldn't want to install such a change now, but people
> could work on implementing it for the Unicode-2 branch.

Is it ok to install a change that binds such word-oriented
commands as M-f, M-b, M-t, M-d, M-DEL to the functions
recognizing thai words when a user select Thai lang. env?

---
Ken'ichi HANDA
address@hidden