Re: Todays exercise of sanity (or does "see" really match "not"?)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Todays exercise of sanity (or does "see" really match "not"?)
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 01:21:51 -0500

    1. Set both `invisible' and `display' properties.  It seems the
       display engine ignores the `invisible' property when the `display'
       property is present.  But isearch still respects it.

I agree that that way is the best--if we decide that the current
behavior when invisible and display are both present is the correct
one.  Maybe it is the right behavior; I see no reason to think it
should be changed.  But it would be nice to be really sure.