Re: Type Ahead Find

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Type Ahead Find
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:22:11 -0500

      But it allows to narrow the search only
    to specific text part (such as e.g. in Firefox typing a ' before the
    search string searches only links) which is currently not easily
    implementable in Emacs.

Making such a feature useful, and not intolerable, in the context
of Emacs is not a simple matter.  I think I'd rather turn off any
feature that makes some printing characters special in isearch.

Please let's not think about this now.  If you'd like to work
on new features for after the release, how about implementing
some of the features listed in etc/TODO?