Re: Non-ASCII in Lucid menus

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Non-ASCII in Lucid menus
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:00:51 -0500

    The patch below makes the Lucid menu use fontsets to draw its text, so that
    it's able to write non-ASCII (the set of chars supported is dependent on the
    locale, and of course on the fonts).

Thanks very much.

    I'm very much an idiot when it comes to X11 programming, xfaces.c, and
    lwlib, so this might be riddled with bugs and misunderstandings, but after
    some trial-and-error this not only works for me, but it even looks sensible
    to me.

I am no expert either, so I hope that some who know better than I do
will check it.