Re: require-hard-newlines to use newline

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: require-hard-newlines to use newline
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:25:52 +0100

"Chong Yidong" <address@hidden> writes:

> So I guess the best solution is to have an encoding hook for kills, and a
> decoding hook for yanks.
>
> I also think we should wait till after the release before implementing
> this (which hopefully shouldn't be a long wait...)

If we agree that those hooks are the proper approach, and you can
write the proper doc for them, this is a trivial change, so I don't
see why we have to wait.

Especially if that means that longlines.el can go into 22.1.

I think that would be a good thing considering that 23.x is most
likely years rather than months away...  [I hope that's not true for
22.x as well]