Re: obscure Emacs redisplay bug (Windows?)

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: obscure Emacs redisplay bug (Windows?)
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:53:52 +0000

Kim F. Storm wrote:
"Martin Rudalics" <address@hidden> writes:

Do you get a menu-bar if you start emacs -q ?

No.

No menu-bar on windows -- that's very odd.
Sounds like the version you got is hoaxed?

Windows ME (as long as Emacs doesn't crash it)

It is probably related to the Unicode menu support. Windows 95/98/ME don't support Unicode in menus, and there may be something wrong with the way we detect that. In fact it might have already been fixed since Jan 30, as I remember a report of this on Windows 98 once before, and I think someone was taking a look at it.