Re: require-hard-newlines to use newline

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: require-hard-newlines to use newline
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 21:09:03 -0600 (CST)

Chong Yidong wrote:

   I can't reproduce this, and it doesn't make sense; longlines-mode is
   defined using define-minor-mode, which should do the variable definition
   properly. Could you look into this further? Maybe it is something in your
   .emacs.

I believe that the following should be reproducible:

Do `emacs -Q' `M-x ielm RET", then, after the following ielm run, the
warning appears:

===File ~/longlines-ielm====================================
***nil
 Welcome to IELM ***  Type (describe-mode) for help.
ELISP> (compile-defun
        '(defun my-emacs-exit-question ()
           "Ask for confirmation before exiting emacs, if there is a visible
frame"
           (if (visible-frame-list)
               (y-or-n-p "Really quit Emacs? ")
             t)))