Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Putting blink-cursor-mode in Options menu.
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 18:47:52 +0000

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> This is unbelievable.  We are talking about adding an option to a
> menu, not about changing a default.

If we added everyone's pet option to the Options menu, we'd end up
with hundreds of options that would just be confusing to users.

I don't see any need to do anything here. New users will be used to
blinking cursors from the other apps they use, only a few experienced
Emacs users who use nothing else will be offended by the blinking, and
they can easily figure out how to disable it.