`texinfo-format-buffer' doesn't fold long lines

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: `texinfo-format-buffer' doesn't fold long lines
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 18:18:08 +0900

Hi,

In some cases, `texinfo-format-buffer' doesn't fold long lines.
For example, try the following and you can see how it does.

;--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(with-temp-buffer
  (insert "@setfilename testing
@node Top
@itemize @bullet
@item
foo
@enumerate 1
@item
bar
@enumerate a
@item
baz
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. The quick brown fox jumps
over the lazy dog.
@end enumerate
@end enumerate
@end itemize
")
  (texinfo-format-buffer)
  (setq buffer-file-name nil))
;--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

There's no such problem in Emacs 21.3.  It happens because someone
added "itemize\\|" to `texinfo-no-refill-regexp' as follows:

(defvar texinfo-no-refill-regexp
  (concat
   "^@"
   "\\("
   ;; add "itemize\\|"   (from experiment of 2001 Nov 28)
   ;;     because of a problem with @end address@hidden
   ;;     I don't know if this causes other problems.
   ;;     I suspect itemized lists don't get filled properly and a
   ;;     more precise fix is required.  Bob
   "itemize\\|"
   "direntry\\|"

[...]

Although I don't have a right understanding of the reason it is
necessary, I hope for it to be mended anyway.  It is because
texinfmt is essential to format Japanese Info files.

Regards,