RE: Info-search-isearch

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Info-search-isearch
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:42:45 -0800

      > I like being able to confine an isearch to the current
      > node. Currently, I can use `s' for global search and `C-s'
      > (or `C-M-s') for local (node) search.
      >
      > So, to me, it would be desirable to have some indication
      > that the end of the current node was reached without
      > finding another occurrence of the string -
      > e.g. "Failing isearch in node Foo: bar". Except for being
      > able to overwrap isearch in the node (no great loss), this
      > would give the advantages of both
      > approaches (local and global search). Without such a local-failure
      > indication, you would have to (perhaps unwittingly)
      > continue the search to
      > another node, and then use `l' to get back where you were.
      >
      > IOW, why not have two levels of isearch "failure": 1) no
      > more in the current node, 2) no more in the current Info "manual"?

    The behavior of what you propose is different from either the current
    C-s behavior in an emacs info buffer or in standalone info.

Correct.

    The message I was replying to was just asking to make the C-s behavior
    the same in an info buffer and standalone info, and allow to the user
    to choose one or the other via a customizable variable.

Correct.