Suggested doc change for cus-edit.el

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Suggested doc change for cus-edit.el
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 22:19:22 -0600 (CST)

In cus-edit.el we see:

  ;; 6. rogue

  ;;    There are no standard value.

There are two problems with this.  The lesser of the two is that this
does not appear to be grammatically correct.

The second, less trivial one is that the situation, as described,
appears to be impossible:

  ;; 4. The standard value.

  ;;    This is the value given in the 'defcustom' declaration.

As (defcustom foo) is illegal, it would seem that there _always_ is a
standard value.

So this needs to be clarified.  What about:

;; 6. rogue

;;    Custom has no properly stored record of the standard value.

I could install this, if desired.

Or does it mean that there is no defcustom?  I have the impression
that Custom completely _ignores_ variables without defcustom.  To try
I put:

 '(aha "oho")

in my `custom-set-variables' form and Custom seems to completely ignore it.

M-x customize-option RET aha RET

says: [No match].  I do not get a Custom buffer with 'aha marked as rogue.

Sincerely,

Luc.