Re: Use faces to indicate states in Customize?

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Use faces to indicate states in Customize?
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 19:27:28 -0600 (CST)

Drew Adams wrote:

   With an aim to reduce the "noise" in the Customize UI a bit,

I do not find the current Customize UI too noisy, except for the fact
that a very recent change has led to plenty of continuation lines in
Custom buffers, which I find ugly and distracting.  In another
message, I proposed to fix that.

   That is, the face of the text would be different for each option state,

Kind of harmless, but I believe not very necessary.

   and the text would be simpler (shorter) than it is now.

Your versions are shorter, but cryptic.  They leave out important info
which is currently provided.  And, with one very recent exception, all
current text fits on one line, without producing continuation lines.

Sincerely,

Luc.